Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New Years Resolution Goes to Hell


Feb 1st is the 32nd day of the year in the Gregorian or Western calendar (it’s the one most of us use) and I think it’s the same for the Julian calendar (the precursor to Gregorian, but it is intrinsically off by 11 minutes per year so we don’t use that one anymore {obviously}) and we are just a few days into the Lunar Calendar (New Years Day was just last week).  It really doesn’t matter to me because whenever my remaining new year’s resolutions get thrown head first out the window...it’s usually February 1st.

That being said, I wonder if in 2005 Janet Jackson’s new year resolution was “I will not bear my breast(s) on live TV this year.  It would have been a fitting resolution - for on this day in 2004, on
the halftime show of the Super Bowl, Janet did just that.  In what was described as a “Wardrobe Malfunction”, for just a few seconds, we were up close and personal with Janet’s nipple.

For those who don’t remember or were too young at the time, I have attached a link:
http://rhinoxsis.homestead.com/janet_jackson_superbowl2.html


It was tough to come up with a suggested drink for today, but I gave it a shot.




The Historical Inebriant:  Slippery Nipple
http://malebrainatwork.blogspot.com/2009/09/slippery-nipple-at-work.html



As an aside, the New York Times reporter William Grimes wrote that the Slippery Nipple (and its contemporaries the screaming orgasm and sex on the beach) marked the beginning of the Cocktail Age's decline.  God knows what he thought of the “Malfunction”.

As a second aside, I would love to hear from anyone who is still keeping any
New Years Resolutions.  Mine was to never use cheap sex references to promote
this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment: