Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May is Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month


I don't know how many times I have said this in the past, but - I do not make this stuff up:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-the-border/200905/may-is-borderline-personality-disorder-awareness-month


Per Wiki:

Borderline personality disorder (BPD), (according to the ICD-10 World Health Organization disease classification, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, Borderline Type), is a psychological condition marked by a prolonged disturbance of personality function, characterized by unusual variability and depth of moods. These moods may secondarily affect cognition and interpersonal relations.[n 1]

Ok, I don't know about you but, a psychological condition marked by a prolonged disturbance of personality function, characterized by unusual variability and depth of moods that affects cognition and interpersonal relations, pretty much defines most of the people I am in contact with on any given day.

I started looking for a drink and noticed that AMC has a site for Mad Men that lists drinks which I assume appeared in the show. I chose the Harpoon, since it remined me of the character Quint from Jaws, played spectacularly by Robert Shaw - now there was a guy with Borderline Personality Disorder.





The Historical Inebriant:  The Harpoon
http://www.amctv.com/shows/mad-men/cocktail-guide/the-harpoon
         


Ingredients
  • 1½ oz vodka
  • ½ oz orange liqueur
  • ¼ oz lime juice
  • Dash of cranberry juice
  • Slice of lime 

Add dash of cranberry juice. Pour liquors and lime juice into mixing glass. Shake briskly and pour into martini glass. Add slice of lime to garnish.

By the way, other actors that I like are Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment: