Saturday, November 17, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On



This post really has nothing to do with drinking, save for the fact that while drinking in a pub in London years ago, I noticed it on the wall and wondered what it was all about.  Over the years I have seen it more, with many of the posters offering a slight twist:






A few days ago, while I should have been researching an obscure historical event:

655Battle of the Winwaed: Penda of Mercia is defeated by Oswiu of Northumbria.

I took a turn on the winding road that we call the internet and found myself looking at the poster again, but this time I took the time to learn a bit about its history. If you have a moment, view the video which is very well done and hear the interesting story of this poster. The words are as true today as they were over 70 years ago.








Internet Meme - Parodies on Keep Calm and Carry On

For copies of posters, or mugs, or T-shirts:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment: